Which tree is used to make plywood?
Plywood is a product obtained from different wood types and having different strengths. Plywood produced by processing natural wood is produced using different wood varieties. Therefore, whatever tree is used, the plywood gets its name from that tree. For example, if we are talking about plywood made using beech wood, we call it beech plywood. Or if we are talking about plywood made of birch wood, we call it birch plywood.
Plywood prices vary accordingly. The type of wood used is the most important factor affecting the plywood price. Because different tree varieties have different strengths. At this point, plywood made from more durable wood becomes more expensive and lasts longer.
For example, beechwood is a water-resistant tree. At this point, it is more expensive than plywood which is less resistant to water. If you are looking for water-resistant plywood, you can choose beech marine plywood or birch plywood.
As Matho, we offer the most suitable type of plywood for your needs. By contacting us, we can tell you which plywood is more suitable for you to tell us the area you want to use plywood. Or you can order the plywood type you want directly.
Our company, working with 100% customer satisfaction, strives to provide you with the highest quality service. We supply plywood by collaborating with well-known plywood brands worldwide, such as Sveza Plywood and Odek Plywood. Plywood dimensions can also be determined upon request outside the standard. Just contact us for 2021 plywood prices.
If you are looking for quality and durable plywood, Matho is the right address for you.
Trees Used in Plywood Production
We would like to tell you about several types of plywood and the trees used in plywood production.
- Birch Plywood
As the name suggests, it is a type of plywood produced using birch. Birch is a strong tree that is highly resistant to external conditions. It grows very quickly and is easily grown, especially in Scandinavian countries. To have detailed information about the birch tree, you can review our article on what is birch tree where is it used.
When you examine it, you will see that birch is a very durable tree that should be used in plywood construction.
- Beech Plywood
If you want to build a boat and you are not sure which material to use, you are in the right place. The most widely used type of plywood in boatbuilding is beech plywood after birch plywood. These two types of trees are also highly resistant to water and can be used with peace of mind against external conditions for many years, preventing moisture.
You can get detailed information about beech plywood by reviewing our beech marine plywood prices article.
- Pine Plywood
Another type of plywood that is resistant to external conditions is pine plywood. It is also one of the products that can be used with peace of mind in interior decoration. It is produced using a pine tree and is one of the most widely used plywood types in interior decoration. It is resistant to moisture and does not wear over time.
It is obtained by gluing it between layers like other types of plywood and its durability is increased under high temperature and pressure. It is frequently used in furniture making and the wood industry.
You can get detailed information about pine plywood from the products section of our website.
Things to consider before buying plywood
This is a very important question. The answer should be well known and plywood purchase should be done accordingly. Now let’s find the answer to the question of what should be considered when buying plywood as ingredients.
- As you can see, plywood types are determined according to the type of tree used.
- As the number of plywood layers changes, plywood prices also change.
- So, as the number of layers increases, plywood resistance increases. (For this reason, plywood with a lot of layers should be preferred instead of plywood with few layers.)
- It must be resistant to moisture and water.
- It is very important to glue it under high pressure and the types of glue used. (The types of glue used should increase the resistance to water and moisture. Note the type of WBP glue and MR glue.
- WBP Glue: means Water and Boil Proof. In other words, it is a kind of glue resistant to water and boiling.
- MR Glue: Moisture Resistant comes to mean. So it is a type of glue resistant to moisture.
- Indoor plywood and outdoor plywood varieties are different.
- All plywood used indoors may not be used outdoors.
- If you are going to buy plywood with movies, pay attention to the quality of the movie used.
- Make sure that the same tree type is used in each layer.
- As the number of layers increases, plywood weight also increases.
When we review our article, we see that plywood is a type of product that is harmless to health, produced using completely natural materials, and is very durable. If you want to use plywood, Matho is the right choice for you. It offers you the highest quality plywood types using its experience and knowledge in the industry.
We are a plywood supplier in Germany and if you want to get information about plywood brands and to learn Birch plywood or Okoume Plywood prices, please contact us.
Matho opens the doors of quality to you.