What is Oak Tree?
The oak tree is a type of tree where each part is used in different areas. It is so useful that its usage area is very common. The oak tree is a fruitful tree and the animal that loves the fruit of the oak tree the most is the squirrels.
Each type of tree has different benefits for our world, and regardless of the type of tree, trees are our source of oxygen. Human beings benefit from the leaves, fruits, and stems of the trees. Today, while talking about the properties of the oak tree, we will talk about in which areas it is used.
General Information About Oak Tree
|Which Tree Family belongs to?||Beech (Fagaceae) Family|
|How Many Types Are There?||There are about 400 species.|
|Where does it grow?||It grows in areas with abundant rainfall.|
|Is it durable?||It is very durable, so it is used as plywood in furniture making.|
|Where is its homeland?||The oak tree, whose homeland is quite common; Anatolia, Iraq, Syria, Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, grows in Turkey and Greece.|
Oak Tree Features
The oak tree was valued as the sacred tree of Zeus in ancient Greece. The oracles look at the oak tree and give information about the future and say that it has a religious value.
- The color of the oak tree is generally dirty yellow and dark brown. Depending on the type of tree, pink oak trees are also seen.
- There are two types of deciduous and evergreen.
- The fruit of the oak tree is called Palamut. Adult and mature oak trees produce this fruit.
- It is an important species for the prevention of natural disasters because it is a strong tree variety. (Like erosion)
- Needing a lot of water, an oak tree can be grown easily in rainy areas.
- The timber of the oak tree is very durable.
- The oak tree is a type of tree that can be easily cut and processed. Therefore, it can be used in many areas from furniture construction to window construction. It can be processed as oak plywood and used in different sectors.
After explaining how the oak tree is grown, we will talk about in which sectors it is widely used.
How to Grow an Oak Tree?
Growing an Oak Tree in 7 Steps
- First of all, the fruit of the oak tree, acorn, is collected. The healthy ones of the collected acorns are used for planting.
- Keep the collected acorns in water. The aim here is to sort out healthy seeds. If the acorns sink to the bottom, they are healthy. If it remains on the water, it is rotten.
- The acorns that sink to the bottom in the water are collected and dried. However, do not expose it to direct sunlight.
- Dried acorns become ready for planting. It is recommended that large acorn seeds be planted in a single pot. If the grains of the acorn are small, they can be planted more than once in a pot. (It is placed in a flower pot horizontally.)
- Then, 3 finger-width soil is added on top of the acorns.
- Acorn seeds, which were watered a little at the beginning, should be watered every 4 days.
- If you keep your pet in a shady environment, the acorns will sprout within 2 months.
- In fact, it is that easy to grow an oak tree. There is no reason why an oak tree should not grow after choosing only healthy seeds and regularly watering them lovingly.
Well, let’s examine what is made of an oak tree and in which areas it is used.
What is made of oak wood?
As mentioned above, the oak tree is a type of tree that can be easily processed and shaped. Especially oak wood is often used in different sectors as oak plywood. Some of these are as follows;
Wooden bookcases are one of the most important pieces of furniture of a modern home. Oak plywood bookcases add a quality look to your decor. Due to the durability of oak wood, oak plywood will last for years, making it a good choice for bookcases. Oak plywood bookcases can withstand the weight of books you’ve accumulated over the years.
- Kitchen Cabinets
Oak plywood is a very popular choice for kitchen cabinet decoration. The economical price of oak plywood explains its popularity and widespread use in making kitchen cabinets. Kitchen cabinets made of oak plywood can withstand frequent daily scratches in the kitchen. The rustic beauty of oak wood adds an attractive feature to kitchen design.
This oak plywood is the logical choice for bar construction. In other words, it is quite common to use oak wood in the drink area in bars. It looks very beautiful as a decorative.
While most people look at a wooden window, they don’t think it’s made of oak plywood, but many windows are made of oak plywood. The stained appearance of the oak tree adds a distinct beauty to the windows. Therefore, oak wood is frequently used in window construction.
Another area of use for oak plywood is for flooring purposes. The price of oak plywood produced from oak wood, which has unlimited design options, allows you to make different designs at affordable costs. For example, you can make a checkerboard using oak plywood.
Oak plywood provides a more solid table formation, especially for children. Whether you’re planning to make a traditional table, dining table, or even a corner table, oak plywood is a solid option. Your table will remain intact for many years and will continue to look good throughout this process.
Considering the properties of the oak tree, it is very natural that its usage area is widespread.
Now that you have the opportunity to consider the best use for oak plywood, it’s time to start the next project. Oak plywood will not strain your budget. Quite affordable and as plywood suppliers, we have the best oak plywood for you.