How sustainable is plywood?
Sustainability is the most important step in recycling. Today, with the unconscious use of natural resources, our resources are gradually decreasing. With the increase in the use of non-recyclable materials, nature is rapidly getting polluted, and we can’t leave a clean world for future generations. Sustainability is a phenomenon that can be realized with the efforts of people. The more we use recyclable products, the closer we will be to a sustainable world.
At this point, we will talk about plywood with you today. Plywood is a building material obtained from different types of wood. Plywood, which is obtained by processing completely natural wood, is a sustainable product.
Several of our customers are asking how old or unused plywood can be recycled. This is actually an important question from the consumer in the context of environmental awareness.
As an organic material, wood can actually be reused and recycled. You can reuse, sell, donate or collect wooden products you own at home.
In other words, plywood is a recyclable material.
Why Is Plywood Important for Recycling?
If you reuse the plywood, we won’t damage our forests and save money for new building materials.
By recycling wooden materials, you reduce the damage to the environment.
Reuse and recycling is one way to respect trees. By reusing and recycling you are actively contributing to the environment and investing in the world where your children grow up.
Plywood is today’s most popular versatile natural wood material. Plywood is a laminate product consisting of a large number of thin panels that can be rotated in various directions and glued together strongly in layers with glue. Because of this method of construction, plywood becomes an expansion or abrasion-resistant material.
Since plywood is produced entirely from natural materials, it is a product that can be recycled when its service life is over. In this respect, plywood, which is a sustainable product, can definitely be preferred in indoor and outdoor designs.
Plywood is a versatile material that can be used in walls to floors, from the floor to furniture making or many decorative fields.
Plywood is among the strongest of all building materials. The properties that add strength to plywood are the type of glue, the type of wood, and the thickness of the plywood. The reason why it is used as a building material is that it is a very strong material as we mentioned above. Statistical studies show that plywood is the most durable construction material.
Besides, plywood is a very useful and aesthetic product. The reason why it looks aesthetically beautiful is that the wood fibers used in the production of plywood are pressed together with pressure as a cross. The plywood produced in layers is produced in a different number of layers according to the area to be used.
As you can see, plywood is produced entirely by processing wooden materials. Therefore, plywood, which has sustainable technology, can be used in different decoration areas.
Sustainable Plywood Usage Areas
- Making plywood kitchen cabinets,
- Plywood behind the cabinet,
- Advertisement board construction
- Truck baseboard construction
- Plywood staircase construction
In other words, it is possible to use plywood in every area you can think of. Since plywood products, which can be used indoors and outdoors, are made of water-resistant materials, there is no problem with their use.
- Plywood is Sustainable, Reusable, and Recyclable.
Plywood, which is both an economical and durable product; is a product supplied by Matho as plywood suppliers.
Eco-Friendly Plywood Advantages
- Although it is light wood, it has a high level of durability.
- It is a product that does not require much labor because it is easy to use and install.
- It can be used repeatedly by cleaning or painting its surface.
- It is environmentally friendly as it is widely used.
- It has a wide range of applications. It is actively used in more than 60 sectors.
- It is decorative because its layers have properly and firmly adhered to each other.
- It is extremely resistant to moisture, water, and chemical materials.
- Having a smooth surface increases its usage area day by day. It holds the nail and a drill can easily be used for drilling when necessary.
- Surface quality is very smooth and smooth.
- The material can be used as a whole, as well as splitting into pieces.
- Plywood is suitable for CNC cutting. This is the most demanded material in the industry.
- It has a large surface due to the pressing of the wood fibers in the layers of plywood with a special glue that is perpendicular to each other.
- Thanks to this manufacturing technique, the strength and service life of the wood increase.
As you can see, plywood, which is an environmentally friendly product, is an important part of the recycling process. You can protect your nature by using recyclable plywood. You can get information about plywood types from our website and contact us to buy.